Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Preparing for Summer

I have come across so many cute ideas to kick off summer that I knew I needed to collect them all in one place.

Summer Vacation Journal

End of Year Memory


Summer Work Packets

End of Year Gifts


Summer Letter - The letter below is NOT mine, I found it here, on ProTeacher, it was posted in 2006 by lis3569.

Dear Parents and Families,

Wow, what a year! To better state that- what a GREAT year! We have covered a lot of material and participated in many fun
and exciting projects. We started to develop skills needed for the fourth grade. We made many new friends along the way too.

Each of your children has brought such joy and happiness to our classroom. I was so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of children this past year. My friends and family often laugh at me when I refer to your children as “my kids”. They are like my own children. They all have touched my life and this school year in very positive and rewarding ways. I hope as the years go by that they keep in touch. Today’s technology can help us continue the relationships we have built. I encourage and welcome correspondences from you and your children.

It has been my pleasure getting to know not only your child, but you as well. Having parental support and open lines of communication is an essential part of any successful school year. Thank you for all you have done to make our year so fulfilling and memorable.

As your child moves from third to fourth grade, there are some very important things you can do to help them succeed. Engage in meaningful conversations with your child everyday. Take time (if only a few minutes a day) to really listen to what they have to say. Read to and listen to your child read. Ask questions, make predictions, make life to text connections as you read. Practice those multiplication facts as a way to really be ready for fourth grade math. Help your child develop a sense of working and solving problems independently. Talk about ways and start practicing getting and staying organized. Encourage your child to write often! Writing stories, letters, journal entries, etc are great ways to get thoughts organized and put onto paper. These little things will lead to big successes next year.

Please enjoy the slideshow I have prepared for you and your family. There are directions for use on the inside of the CD case. As mentioned in the case, some fonts, transitions and music clips may be deleted or altered coming from my computer to yours. I have made every effort to avoid these issues, but with older computers and different systems, you may experience some changes in the show; however the pictures will remain in tact.

Again, thank you for a wonderful year. Have a fantastic summer and see you in the fall!

Sincerely,

Mrs. MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment